Once the process of die casting and machining is completed, we can apply a wide range of protective or aesthetic coatings to increase the efficiency and value of the products. Metal finishing options offered by Kailun are:
- Vibratory deburring.
This type of finish removes all imperfections from the product’s surface. It can be used as a standalone finishing option or prepare the surface for painting or application of other coatings. Vibratory debugging is an extremely popular option and the most common “pre-plate” choice for a variety of products. The reasons for this are:
- Smooth surface provided by this type of finish.
- Removal of oils, which can coat the surface of the parts during the process of machining.
- Shotblasting is the process or cleaning and stripping the surface by the use of high-speed projections of steel particles. The most common shotblasting techniques are wheelblasting and airblasting. This is another type of finishing that can be used to prepare the surface of the part for further coating. Its major benefit is the fact that shotblasting can create a variety of textures, which can enhance the product’s aesthetic appeal and make it truly stand out.
- Polishing, and bright finish.
This technology provides a quick and efficient metal finishing solution. The finishing they provide is guaranteed to be smooth and bright.
- Painting and wet spray paint.
Painting is an excellent type of finishing that is extremely beneficial for a variety of industries. At Kailun we use different paint application technologies to provide high-quality results. Our painting finishing is consistent, durable, and aesthetically appealing. Utilizing automated equipment allows us to produce results superior to manual painting at a lower cost for the client.
- Powder coating.
This metal finishing method is also known as powder painting. It involves applying a layer of specialized organic powder that can achieve paint adhesion by the means of electrostatic attraction. This is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional painting technologies. Powder coating is also more efficient and provides more cohesive high-quality coverage.
- Plating (chromate, e-nickel, cadmium, and silver).
Plating is the process of electrodeposition of metal ions to the surface. This particular finishing method can be used for a variety of purposes. It allows to increase the level of the material’s corrosion resistance, increase its value, or improve its aesthetic appeal. At Kailun, we offer plating services using a variety of metals to meet your specific needs. Our agents will explain pros and cons of each option and help you choose the best type of coating for your particular purpose.
Contact our office to learn more about various types of metal finishing and choose the best one for you.